We are a supporting member of
Our Town Belfast
About the Green Store
In the fall of 1993, we opened The Green Store in a 100 year-old brick building on Main Street in Belfast, Maine. With a nod to the village general stores of the past and a mission to promote personal and planetary well-being, we set out to provide simple, practical products to help people live an environmentally sustainable lifestyle.
More than a 18 years since our founding, customers from Maine and beyond are beating a path to our door to shop in person or online. Many of them have been with us for years because they rely on the Green Store for earth-friendly products from our down to earth staff. Our motto here is “we won’t sell it if we don’t use it ourselves”. Thus, if you have any questions about any product we carry, we’re here to lend a hand. Give us a call at (207) 338-4045 Monday thru Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST or Sunday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. EST or send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for shopping with the Green Store!
The Green Store Pledge
- Personal and planetary integrity are paramount.
- We share a desire to make a positive impact on our planet and our community through sharing information, and thinking and acting creatively and progressively about human problems.
- We value quality, consistency, and eco-responsibility in the products and services we offer.
- We believe hard work pays off! In business, we seek an environment where work is an expression of creativity and competent expertise, and is fun.
- We believe we can be financially successful while behaving in a socially and environmentally responsible manner.
- We strive for balance and harmony in our relationships with co-workers, our customers, our community, and our world.
- We seek to empower ourselves and others by being fair, honest and by honoring our commitments.
- We endeavor to be flexible and responsive in all our human interactions, and to act with friendliness, helpfulness, and a sense of hope and possibility.